WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
The Center for African American Health [CAA Health] respects the privacy of our online visitors and donors. Any personal information you provide is voluntary, and we do not require you to register to view our site. There are times, such as when you donate online or use our online advocacy tool, we will collect specific information, such as your name, mailing address, zip/postal codes, and/or e-mail address. If you choose to provide personally identifiable data, you may receive communications from us – by mail or electronically – advising you of upcoming events, advocacy action alerts, or volunteer and support opportunities.
NO COMPUTER TRACKING OF IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Although CAA Health does not monitor your personal activity on our site, we do track aggregated, anonymous user data to evaluate the effectiveness of our Web site and help us improve our service. For example, we may compile statistics about our daily number of site visitors or specific page requests. This data is generic in nature and contains no personal information.
SECURITY OF THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US
CAA Health utilizes the services of Alboddo Technology (dba Charityproud) for its online donor management and fundraising software. Charityproud uses several mechanisms to enforce data security, which are described below.
• Employee training and access limitation – All Alboddo employees are bound by the security agreement signed upon employment. Alboddo’s employees are trained in security and data-handling procedures. A limited number of employees have access to personal data, those employees are granted only the specific access needed to complete their job.
• Data encryption and SSL certificates – Sensitive data is encrypted in Charityproud’s database. Examples of encrypted data include credit card numbers, security codes, expiration dates, birthdates and other data. Passwords are encrypted using a one-way-hash system, meaning they cannot be decrypted. Clients may create separate passwords for each user, and users may change their own passwords at any time. A password auto-lockout feature is also enabled. Alboddo does not retain data any longer than necessary to fulfill their obligation to their clients. Charityproud is hosted using SSL, and visitors are restricted from accessing it without using the HTTPS protocol. Charityproud’s SSL certificates are currently issued by GoDaddy.com
• IP address blocking – Alboddo regularly monitors logs for suspicious activity, and blocks IP addresses of outside visitors they observe may be using the system in an unauthorized way.
• Data backups – Alboddo backs-up their databases and supplemental website-related documents nightly.
MATERIAL DIRECTED SPECIFICALLY TOWARD CHILDREN
CAA Health supports the guidelines for interactive electronic media published by the Children’s Advertising Review Unit of the Better Business Bureau.
NOTICE TO CHILDREN YOUNGER THAN AGE 13
Do not send any information about yourself to us, such as your name, address, or e-mail address. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children aged 13 or younger. In the event that we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
TO MODIFY YOUR MAILINGS
You have a choice in how often we contact you, whether by mail or e-mail. We value your support and care about your time and want you to feel good about the support you provide to help people in need. We realize that you may not be able to help each time we ask. Or, that you may prefer to make a charitable gift only at certain times of the year. Like many people, you may also be concerned about the volume of mail you receive and the impact it has on our environment. We value your support and your trust and therefore, we want to offer you options that will enhance our relationship.
To modify your mailing preferences, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the following:
1. The name and address that appears on the mailing pieces you receive from us.
2. If you would like to receive periodic e-mail updates.
3. How many times you would like to receive mail from us. The Choices are: No change in the frequency of mailings; mailings six times a year; mailings four times a year; mailings two times a year; a mailing once a year; or no mailings.
Please watch this space for future changes.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The Center for African American Health
3350 Hudson Street
Denver, CO 80207